7th Dudley Scouts
Watsons Green Road Dudley    Charity Number: 524619
Click here to go to our MyDonate site


7th Dudley Scout group

1919 - 2012

Although not as old as the castle or the Market Place. 7th Dudley Scout Group is one of the longest running established
Scout unit's in the Dudley area. First registered about 1919 as 1st Wolverton Road Estate Troop, with Mr. C Bradford as Group
Scout Master, his wife taking charge of the Cub's. The name change to 7th Dudley came about around 1926 when the Group Headquarters were to be demolished for regeneration of the local area. The Group kept both it's spirit and The Troop going despite making six more moves over the following forty years until locating in their present position at Watsons Green Road
where the headquarters celebrated it's 40th anniversary in 2009.
In 2009 the Group celebrated its 90th anniversary which included a dinner attended by seventy members both old and new. 2010 saw a mini renovation of the headquarters which involved repainting, fitting energy saving devices and installation of a new kitchen and toilet facilities.
About the Group
The group has a Beaver Colony, Cub Pack and Scout Troop all of which accept both boys and girls as members and cater for ages from 6 years to 14 years. For the Scouts 14 years to 18 years the Explorers meet off site, at the age of 18 years Scouts can join the district Network until the age of 25 years. 





County Website link 
contact us 07794367132 or email dudleyscouts@hotmail.co.uk
Community Web Kit provided free by BT
Cookie Policy | Charity Number: 524619